||[Sunday 21st August 2005 at 7:16 pm]
|||||Speed of Sound ~ Coldplay/X&Y||]|
Hmm... looks like my soldering last time wasn't that good. I've got the mouse open, and the first thing I found when unwrapping the tape from my cable fixing (cut out the offending segment of cable and soldered the wires together) is that the +5v line (red) appears to have desoldered itself. Which is annoying, as it tested fine on the multimeter before I unwrapped it.
There is definetely a break in the green wire, and I'd guess at about the point where the cable enters the mouse body. Hmm. Do I do the exact same fix as last time, or do I try for something a little more permanent...