|Guess the Book/Name That Game, round 1: the answers
||[Saturday 30th April 2005 at 11:49 pm]
Remember the book/game quiz? Well, here's the answers, complete with the missing names (in italics).
- I am Doctor Thadeus P. Brain the 3rd. The P stands for Puzzle. I am The Puzzle Master.
- Opening words from The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain 3, a puzzle game from back in the days when Windows 95 was new.
- These days it seems like any idiot with a laptop computer can churn out a business book and make a few bucks.
- Preface to The Dilbert Principle, by Scott Adams (creator of Dilbert).
- Johnny never knew for certain why he started seeing the dead.
- Yup, Johnny and the Dead, by Terry Pratchett.
- I don't think my stepfather much minded dying.
- To the Hilt, by Dick Francis.
- This is a story of courage, honour and worms.
- The Wormsong, from the original Worms game. Guessed by ptristan.
- Ahhh! There's nothing like a foot massage at the end of a long day....
- The front cover of Bogart, by Peter Plant (good luck googling for it!).
- A long, long time ago... when the world was on the verge of being swallowed by shadow... The tiny Picori appeared from the sky, bringing the hero of men a sword and a golden light.
- Opening titles from The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. Guessed by nendil.
- Alice was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on the bank and of having nothing to do:
- Alice in Wonderland. Also guessed by nendil.
- I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
- Opening titles from Myst. Guessed by ricold.