|Sigh... one of those days
||[Friday 12th June 2015 at 5:52 pm]
Let's see... today I spent the morning trying to work out why one of the jobs on the build server was consistently failing, yet running the build by hand at a command prompt worked fine. The weird part is that after doing that it started working again.
Then I made the foolish mistake of updating the Android toolchain at lunchtime, to discover that there's a new appcompat library which horribly confused Android Studio (as in it claimed that I was missing some libraries, yet my code compiled fine and loaded successfully... and then a function call which was working before started returning null for no good reason). I eventually solved that by blowing away all the dependencies and starting again from scratch, only to discover that in the shiny new Material Design world that is Android 5 they've removed a user interface widget that I was using with the official recommendation being "add a progress bar manually (see StackOverflow for help)". That's not a useful answer!
And finally I returned back home to discover that my Roomba had for once not beached itself on the Ikea chairs, but instead had gotten lost searching for its docking station and eventually ran out of charge right behind my front door...
That's where it ended up after I pushed the door open - you can see the scuff marks from it being pushed sideways across the carpet!