Me: ah, time to clean the oven.
On the minus side, this oven does not have fancy self-cleaning panels so cleaning it requires large amounts of elbow grease. On the plus side, since it's just enamel I can attack it with wire wool. So, I got the worst of the gunk off, switched it back on, and waited for it to heat back up so I could put my home-made pizza in.
Turns out it wasn't just a bit of grease going up, but was something more fundamental. The oven no longer heats up.
Most annoying. Now what do I do with my pizza?