Reposting for the good of the internet:
HP PSC 1210 document cannot be printed due to a system error (this also appears to apply to the psc 1215):
Here the solution for this error t.Hope it will be usefull for you.Bye
To resolve the issue, follow the steps below.
- Right-click on My Computer, and select Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Performance, click Settings.
- Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Select the Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select: option.
- Click Add....
- Browse to C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\h
pzeng07.exe and click Open.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK, and OK again.
In a nutshell, it appears that the driver for this printer doesn't get on with Windows' Data Execution Prevention. Adding it to the ignore list makes it work.